I am looking for the Accounting procedures for a Construction Company.Please help me to explain it If u publish because , I have to attend an interview in a newly started Construction Company next week.
Thanking u in advance.Prompt reply will be a great consideration to me.
Look forward to see ur reply.
First of all best of luck for your good performance in interview . Actually , you need not create any doubt about normal business and construction business . Accounting procedure are almost same . If you want to work as accountant in India , Now Tally 9 and Tally.ERP 9 are the best software for recording transaction relating to construction company . I have written solution relating to the accounting problems of construction in this accounting education site which you can find . Here , I can give you some tips for recording the transactions of any construction company .
- These days many construction companies are also using ERP software so , you should also get some basic knowledge of ERP ( Enterprise process planning )
- I have provide basic rules of accounts of construction companies under Indian Accounting standards . You can read here .
- Construction business are relating to build of dam, building, pipelines, ships and other fixed assets , you should make list of main earning and expenses and also different raw material with their measurement units relating to your respective company in which you are going to give interview . Because your duty is to record transaction of raw material , but you should also know what is the raw material and how to measure it .
- Never loss your confidence . Give your interview with full of confidence .
- In last , interview is also part of education . Enjoy it just like other way of learning because when you will face interview , you will learn so many things and after learning it you can do self analysis of your strength and weaknesses and become the expert in the field of accounting .
Again my Good wishes with you and all those candidates who are struggling in the field of Accounting .