|Balance Sheet Not Maching|
1. # Check again whether you have totaled correctly both assets and liabilities.
2. # Check whether you calculated net profit or net loss correctly and transferred to Balance sheet.
3. # Check all the items of question. Sometime, you may forget any item to write in financial statement.
4. # Check your adjustments. Did you treat them correctly in final account. Suppose, outstanding expenses of this year will be added in particular expense in profit and loss and will show as liability but if you are making profit and loss account from cash book and previous year outstanding expenses which has been paid and added in cash book , these expenses will be deducted in profit and loss account. It means, you should have good knowledge of final account adjustments.
5. # Extra-ordinary calculation of hidden item. Sometime, you have to calculate some hidden item. Suppose, there is not trail balance is given but total sale and sale return have been shown. You have to calculate net sale for showing it trading account. It means you have kept your third eye to find something missing. It may be expenses, incomes, liability or asset.
6. # If everything is all right. Never try to match your balance sheet in examination. Keep self-confidence in yourself. Think, you did best. Your question's figure or anything wrong in the question. Sometime examiner may write any wrong part. So, this will be the plus point. If examiner will see his mistake.